Thursday 26 May 2011

A non- nonvegetarian experience

As I am seated , a smiling woman comes up to me ," Nihaou !How may I assit you ?". I said ,"Nihaou ,I need some vegetarian food please !" She offeres me some sandwich with some green toppings and says "iga suu da" (meaning this is vegetarian ).I open out the sandwich and find some flesh like substances as well as some tomoto look-a-like capsicums and some green stuffs.Any plant with root , stem , branch ..would make my vegggy delicacy .
Woa , as if understanding my inner battle , my chinese colleague immediately confirms affirmatively . The detective in me was waiting for a green signal to find out more , but I felt it would be too much for my colleague to gulp it , who jumps up if he gets any hint of me eating any non-vegetarian food . I ate ,except THAT , rapidly not tolerating my hunger . And then , asked him why he said so .Pat came the response , "It is Salmon and it is vegetarian "!!!
For sea foodies , seafood is obviously a veg' but that cannot change the definition of a VEGETABLE !
Copyrights © 2008 -2009 . All rights reserved.

No comments: